W. Duncan Bickley Trust Fund
Mr Bickley was a retired farmer from Waimatuku in Southland. Leaving no children Mr Bickley chose to set up a charitable trust under his will to assist young children, aged individuals, and any others suffering from physical or mental ailments specifically in the Provincial District of Southland.
W D Bickley died in November 1980 and following the death of his wife in 1981 the W. Duncan Bickley Trust then came into existence.
Under the terms of the trust, income is to be applied at the trustees discretion to:
'New Zealand charitable societies, associations or organisations having as a principal objective the care or welfare of infants or of the aged, or of persons suffering from any physical or mental disability or infirmity with the express wish that it benefits organisations carrying into effect the said objectives in the Provincial District of Southland.'
Funding Amount and Time Frames
- Applications to be considered as a recipient for funding are assessed annually. The next granting cycle will be from Monday 18th November 2019 to Friday 13th December 2019.
- The amount to be distributed this year is approximately $70,000.
- All applications must be completed online.
- The length of the assessment process is dependent on the volume of applications and all applicants are notified of the decision. During the assessment period, trustees may request further clarification from the applicant regarding their application.
- Please note, applications will be assessed January 2019.
Regrettably, due to the number of applications received, we are unable to provide detailed feedback on unsuccessful applications. Please note the decision of the Trustee is final and not subject to any appeals process.
Click on the following grant button to start your application.